The Sustainable Oregon Schools Initiative, SOS, is a project of the Zero Waste Alliance. I am proud to highlight that my "GreenBeings Invasion" website has received their attention. Read their "Eco-Friendly Fund Raising" article and see if they deserve to win the National Recycling Coalition's Annual Awards and make your nominations.
For details of what this award is about:
Recognizing the Best in Recycling: NRC's Annual Awards
Each year, the NRC presents awards to outstanding organizations and individuals in a number of categories. Winners are selected by a committee of NRC members and the awards are presented during the NRC's Annual Congress & Exposition.
We are now accepting nominations for eleven awards, which will be presented at the 26th Annual Congress & Expo in Denver this September.
This year, we are looking for stand-out candidates for these awards:
* Outstanding Recycling Organization (for NRC-affiliated ROs)
* Recycler of the Year - Lifetime Achievement
* Best Local Elected Recycling Leader
* Outstanding Corporate Leadership (The Schmitt Award)
* Outstanding Environmental & Community Leadership (The McClure Award)
* Outstanding Public Education (The Boettner Award)
* Outstanding Community or Government Program
* Outstanding College or University Program
* Outstanding K-12 School Program
* Outstanding Recycling Innovation - Product or Process
* Outstanding Market Development
All nominations must be made by an NRC member, and NRC members may nominate themselves. However, nominees are not required to be NRC members. Winners are selected by a committee of NRC members led by Committee Chair Lisa Skumatz.
Nominations are due at 5:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, June 28, 2007. For more information, download the:
and the Nomination Outline (a Word document):