Learn without limits at Coursera.
It offer courses online for anyone to take, for free and you can learn in the language you are comfortable with.
I picked this up from Nancy Meyer who will be attending an 8 weeks long course by Dr. Richard B. Alley on Energy, the Environment and Our Future. Who is Dr. Richard B. Alley? Is he an authority in this subject? You decide.
What will he be sharing? This is the Course Syllabus which is subject to change before course begins.
● Lesson 1. Sustainability: Why Energy Matters (and Money)
● Lesson 2. What is Energy—Units and Such; What we use, and how much good it does
● Lesson 3. Oil, Coal and Natural Gas, Drilling and Fracking and Reserves
● Lesson 4. Global Warming I—Physics
● Lesson 5. Global Warming II—History and Impacts
● Lesson 6. Options: Solar, Wind
● Lesson 7. Options: Geothermal, Waves, Tides, Nukes
● Lesson 8. Options: Conservation
● Lesson 9. Options: Geo-Engineering
● Lesson 10. Economics
● Lesson 11. Policy Options
● Lesson 12. Ethical issues
Students who successfully complete the class will receive a Statement of Accomplishment signed by the Dr. Richard B. Alley.
Happy learning and making this world a better place to live in.