Wednesday 29 August 2007

Climate Change? Create awareness.

I attended a talk, "Linking Climate Change to Engergy Use and Transport", by Anthony Tan of CETDEM when it was conducted at Bandar Sungai Long Buddhist Society.

The awareness he instilled in me makes me more conscious about not leaving electrical equipment on "ready" mode. I also look at lightings and energy consuming items in my house differently. While working on the "Energy Audit Form" provided by Anthony, I was very drawn to websites highlighting energy and cost saving consumption ideas. Following are some useful websites that I have discovered:

Saving Electricity by Michael Bluejay

Lighting and Daylighting by EERE (Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, USA)

If you find the information from these US websites interesting, then join Anthony for his Malaysian views in his next talk:

“CLIMATE CHANGE, ENERGY CONSUMPTION & TRANSPORT: The Linkages.”

Date: Sunday, 9th September 2007
Time: 1:00-2:30pm

Venue:
Buddhist Missionary Society Malaysia Kajang,
4 Jalan Reko, 43000 Kajang

ADMISSION IS FREE AND ALL ARE WELCOME.

Does it matter whether you support and participate in such events? Severn Cullis-Suzuki has the answer for you 15 years ago, when she was speaking for E.C.O., The Environmental Children's organisation.

No comments: