Wednesday 12 March 2008

Ikea accessories? Improvised with waste.

I love this Ikea suspension rail installed in my kitchen.



The little hooks to go with it can only hold about 1 or 2 items together. Instead of hanging more hooks, I can buy additional accessories like the cutlery stand to hold more stuff together but I decided to save some cost by improvising and here are some of the ideas I came up with.





I created these by cutting up empty plastic bottles from drinks and detergent. I like the see through plastic which makes looking for the stuff I need a breeze. Since it was just before Chinese New Year, I am happy that I could decorate them with festive stickers to mark the occasion.



They are great for holding my scissors nice and safe.



My efforts saved me RM100! So, before you throw away your packaging, click on my link to Packaging to see if I have created something useful out of them.

No comments: