Sunday 20 May 2007

The free tutorials here. Do they work?

My write up about Cindy and her crochet cassette tape bags has inspired one of my neighbours, Mrs Chin, to create her own. As she does not know how to read the instruction on Cindy's website, I have offered to help her out.

I took out my "Crochet & Needle Work - 880 Patterns" book that I have with me since 1976 and asked her to select a design she likes. While working with the cassette tapes, she realised that it is not easy to manipulate them over the size 4 hook as she was crocheting two pieces of tapes together. So, I passed her some of my left over wool to work into the design so that she does not have to use as much of the tape.

I helped her with the finishing and this is the result of our efforts.



I have taken up a stall at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, on 22 May and Mrs Chin has decided to sell her creation there. This is the bracelet I have created with the rest of the wool to go with the bag.



Attached it to this bag when you wear it and you will not have to worry about being snatched.



If you like what you see, pop by to catch us in the act. The event to launch a book related to home-based business starts at 9.30am.

No comments: