Sunday 30 December 2007

Recycling Nursery Rhymes

It is always easier to recite verses that rhyme. I can still recall my "One, Two, Buckle my shoes" verses, which I picked up more than 40 years ago! So, if we want the next generation to remember to do all 3Rs, it is time that we recycle one of those Nursery Rhymes we have learned. How is this for a start?

One, Two
Think before I throw

Three, Four
What can I use it for?

Five, Six
A frame made of twigs?

Seven, Eight
The stuff I used to hate

Nine, Ten
Can be made treasured gem.

So, where did I get the idea from? I attended a workshop organised by the Sungai Long Buddhist Society for facilitators of the Sunday Dhamma School. The fun filled workshop was conducted by Professor Lim of University Malaya and he kindly shared with us that he picked this idea from Responsibility Exercise, a free handout posted on Character Counts Teaching Tools.

The next workshop will be held on 13 January from 2.00pm to 6.00pm. Care to join us?

No comments: