Wednesday 12 December 2007

Shopping? Buying product or packaging?

I have to admit that when I am out shopping for gifts, I have been guilty of choosing product based on the packaging the product came in. I think people tend to shop in this manner as my children have been victims of "beautifully packaged" gifts before. When all the lovely wrappings are removed, there is nothing much to enjoy in the package.

I came to realised this when I was trying to look out for information to share with the children at the workshop conducted at Sungai Long Buddhist Society. Here are some slides from YouTube that will make you wonder if you are actually paying more than you should because of the packaging. Find out what you can do about it.







So, other than changing our shopping habits, what else can we do about it? Hmmmm..., how about creating our own packaging? I will definitely be looking into that. So, watch out for some DIY packaging ideas in my future postings.

No comments: