Friday 6 June 2008

You are famous, Aunty Nancy!

"You are famous, Aunty Nancy!"

So, what have I done to make a child said that?

I have been doing my ThRRRees (3Rs), that is, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and writing about these activities in this blog. The editor of a local newspaper, The Star, has noticed my efforts and in conjunction with World Environment Day on 5 June 2008, decided to write an article about me.

World Environment Day? How does one celebrate it?

This year, the event is hosted by New Zealand and the theme is "CO2, Kick the Habit! Towards a Low Carbon Economy". Activities based on its pledge to achieve carbon neutrality has been going on in its capital, Wellington, since the 28th of May and this will go on till the 13th of June. If you are there, you maybe lucky enough to receive some of the eco-friendly handouts being given out, such as, light-bulbs and shopping bags.

Need help celebrating it in Malaysia? Then check out "Green Everyday" highlighted by The Star. And if you are in on this celebration, you can register your green activities with United Nation Environment Programme.

This is how I would like to celebrate it. I am sharing my 10 incentives for going green.



Add your own. You may stand a chance to be in the news too.

No comments: