If you have a hard time getting your children to clean up their desks after they have completed their homework, then it is time to teach them how to create their own duster. You do not have to shop for the material required as you can easily find what you need at home.
1) 6 pieces of clean plastic bags that are too small to be used as garbage bag.
2) 1 raffia string (commonly given at the sundry shop) at least 8 inches in length
3) Empty medicine tub (usually meant for storing antibiotic) with its bottom cut away
1) Use the scissors to cut off the handles and the ends of all the plastic bags. Lay each piece flat, one on top of the other.
2) Fold the the raffia string in half and tie both ends together into a knot. Crunch up the plastic bags together right at their centre and place them on top of the tied raffia string.
3) Push the knotted ends through the loop at the other end of the raffia string and pull it tight across the plastic bags to form a handle.
4) Remove the cap of the medicine tub. Fold the plastic bags in half from the tied centre. Pull the string through from the bottom to the opening of the medicine tub.
5) Screw the cap back on so that you have the knotted ends of the raffia string sticking out at the side of the medicine tub to form a handle. Your duster is ready for action.
4) The duster also looks good for decorating the desk if placed in a container.
Another possible cost saving gift idea for teacher's day.