You have the fabric and the visuals, now what? Learn to stitch or all those work created by artists on public domain, from years before 1923, will be lost and forgotten.
No fabric? Find them in:
1) clothes your family have outgrown
2) scraps from tailors
3) samples from fabric suppliers or manufacturer
4) netting or clothe packagings
No designs? Check out:
1) listing on Wikipedia:Public domain image resources.
2) my listings on Philosophy Recycled now and then for more leads.
Don't know how to stitch? Learn from Sharon's Dictionary of Stitches for Hand Embroidery and Needlework.
You can also refresh your old tees by painting the free images you have discovered on them.
Like that? Read this:
10 Tips for Fabric Painting
Other material to paint on:
4) Abandoned Cars