Let’s start clearing some clutters in our homes based on Tach’s 5S principles.
Let us look through our stuff and sort out what we need and what we no longer need. Make sure that we have our priorities right and start getting rid of stuff that we know we are not going to use anymore.
When the sorting gets tough and we find it difficult letting go of things we have grown attached to, then let us work on it with the purpose of improving our storage space and updating things we have on hand.
I love cleaning till it shines. If that cannot motivate you to make a move than think about how it will feel to keep your place free of cluttered, unwanted items.
Let us start by clearing one area first then move on to the next, that is, from kitchen, to the dinning room, to the sitting rooms, etc.
Let us build up the momentum by setting a timetable to make 5S our housekeeping routine. If we continue to sort out things that we no longer require, soon we will have enough to start our 'garage sales' and make some money from the process.
For those of you who cannot stand the idea of people coming to your house, following are some other options:
- Set up a small stall at the flea market in some of the major locations, such as, Amcorp Mall, to sell your used items.
- Post your unwanted items to sell on online sites, such as, Lelong.com and ebay.com.
- Bring your stuff to Cash Converters to have them appraised for sales.
- Alternatively, you can avoid all the above hassles and pass the unwanted items to your friends or relatives. Be kind enough to ensure that they are still in good condition.
- Lastly, if there are no takers; before you trash it, please find out if they are recyclable. Post a comment of what you have if you need help.